American Express dedicates its financial services typically around travel-plannings, and offers great travel rewards with its credit cards. The Hilton HHonors Platinum Credit Card from American Express is one such service meant for those frequent travelers who wish to grab the lucrative discounts on stays at Hilton Family Hotels.
Hilton Family hotels have a worldwide networking. If you plan for frequent stays at Hilton hotels and enroll in the Hilton HHonors Platinum American Express program, you will obtain points for money spent on purchases and stays at HHonors hotels. These points can be carried forward for free hotel stays, travel rewards, and other benefits.
How Do You Earn The Points?
The key reward program of Hilton HHonors Platinum American Express is the points, which you earn through purchases redeemed at hotels within the Family of Hilton hotels. To know more about the points go through the details:
* Essentially, you can earn five bonus points for each dollar spent in Hilton family of Hotels, along with three points for every dollar, towards hotel stays in future. You can also earn 5 points on eligible purchases from restaurants, grocery stores, drugstores, gas stations, restaurants, the U.S. Postal Service, supermarkets and similar avenues.
* Get 10000 HHonors bonus points after your very first purchase with the Hilton HHonors Platinum Card, which is enough for a free night’s stay at any of the Hilton Hotels.
* For the first 4 stays, you will earn 2500 at a Hilton Family hotel and 500 points for each stay after that. Not only this, you can earn frequent flyer miles along with bonus points for a qualifying hotel stay.
* Your points will be redeemable once you go past the 7500-mark.
* Points never expire as long as the card is active (at least once each year) and there is no yearly-limit for points that can be earned.
The free night will depend on the category of the hotel you choose, normally an opportunity category hotel costs around 10,000 points, whereas a category 6 hotel would take 40,000 points.
Have a look at the some of the features of Hilton HHonors Platinum American Express that you would like to be familiar with:
* There is no annual fee
* Get bonus points for free stays at Hilton family of hotels
* Additional benefits and services in hotels for cardholders.
* There is no pre-set spending limit,
* The introductory rate for purchases is low
* No balance transfer fee in the beginning. Although, future balance transfers may incur a fee which is already divulged at the time of the applicable transaction.
The initial APR is 2.90%. This continues for the first six months and then the rate climbs higher.
Other fees attached to Hilton HHonors Platinum card include:
* Late fee of $ 19 on balances upto $ 400 and $ 38 on balances of $ 400 and above
* Over limit fee of $ 35
* Cash advance fee of 3% and $ 5 minimum for Express Cash transactions
Apart from reward program and signature benefits, Hilton HHonors Platinum American Express does offer you the several common benefits and services which include- auto rental insurance, various services related to protection services, travel accident insurance, and discounts from the Offer Zone (it provides access to discounts, offers, and special events).
Find More Platinum Card Articles