Whether it is a brand new BMW or a second hand Chevrolet you have decided to purchase, you are at an equal risk of getting a poor deal on your car loan rate. Help is here so you can be confident that you are not paying through the nose when it comes to your interest rates. The following five tips will ensure that you are finding the best auto loan rates available.
Below are 5 tips you may consider when applying for a auto loan financing. These tips and suggestions will save you big money if you used them.
1. Know your credit rating before you apply for a loan. If needed clean it up by paying off outstanding debts and closing accounts that are not in use. If you have filed for bankruptcy in the past consider adding a page of explanation to your report if there were any extenuating circumstances such as divorce or lay-off.
2. If you have a good credit rating, see if you qualify for special incentive financing available through the car dealership. Quite often dealerships have a 1% financing rate reserved for consumers with excellent credit and who can afford to do a 12 month financing term.
3. If you do not have the best credit rating, you have the ability to get pre-approved for your car loan prior to even stepping onto the car dealership lot. See if your own bank can provide a good loan interest rate. Your regular bank may have a competitive interest rate for borrowers who are already established clients. But you should be able to find a better rate if you do some research, particularly on the internet. This may save you a few percentage points on your interest rate.
4. When you begin your search, use an online car loan service to find some of the best auto loan interest rates. By submitting an online application, your information will be sent privately to a network of lenders who compete for your business and then contact you within 24 hours with multiple offers. This makes comparison shopping much simpler and very convenient.
5. If you have very bad credit, you should consider using a cosigner. Having a cosigner will lower the risk of lending to the financial institution. The interest rate will then be lower based on this alone. The interest rate will usually be the one that they qualify for rather than what you qualify for.
These tips for car loan help should help get you the best auto loan rates available.
Ontario Bad Credit Car Loans